Well. That hurt a lot. Not gonna lie.
But to be honest, I'm okay with this.
The most important thing to me is that we're still friends. It's not awkward. We didn't fight. Okay, I was a bitch to you for a couple days. But when I realized that I wasn't helping anything by ignoring you and giving you short answers, I stopped myself. And I apologized, called you and explained. And that was that.
Yeah, I do feel like sometimes you weren't being honest with me. And yeah, it kills me to see you with another girl. But I'll get over that.
We weren't meant for each other. So I thought we might've been, but I snapped out of that too.
You and I came from two different worlds, and I accepted your world as my own. And I'm glad I did - I wouldn't change a thing. But now I'm in a new world, completely different from the one I'm used to. And I need to make this world for myself: you aren't in this world. But you didn't do anything wrong, like I wanted to think you did. You gave it two months to see if it would work. And you were right - it didn't work. We didn't see each other enough and we definitely didn't talk enough. And when you realized that, you had the decency to tell me straight out and in person. I guess I just wasn't willing to accept it. I don't give up on things, especially something I want as much as I wanted you.
Of course I still wish it could've worked, but I know that it's better this way. I used to get annoyed at the fact that you never wanted to make it official. Looking back, I'm glad you didn't, because there's no way we'd still be on good terms after all that we've been through.
When I look back and remember all the times you and I had together, I still smile. I miss it, to be honest. But I'd rather have those memories than nothing at all. There was something real there. It just wasn't meant to last; not everything is.
But I know now that it'll be okay.
Everything always works out the way it's supposed to.
Maybe I won't end up where I thought I'd be, but I'm sure I'll end up where I was meant to be.
And either way, you'll have helped me get there.
You don't know it, but you helped me more than I can explain to you. Because of you, I came out of my depression and started seeing the good in me. I slowly started changing things for the better once you came around. And if it weren't for you, I'd probably still be that shy, self-conscious, insecure little girl I was when I was sixteen.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Serendipity
- Serendipity:(n) unexpected luck. At first meeting, I'm not what you'd expect. I am everything that I am not; I contradict myself all the time, just never out loud. My thoughts are as confusing and impossible to figure out as the Rubik's cube you all gave up on years ago. I'm random, and I can be a bit of a spaz sometimes, but I don't care. I've got family and friends and for now, that's all I need. I'm always always always listening to music. If I can't listen to it, I've got about twelve songs stuck in my head, and I'm most likely scribbling song lyrics somewhere. Don't try to figure me out, because you never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment