Dear Nick,
I've been thinking about us a lot these past couple weeks. When you told me that you don't think we would work out because between school and work there's be no time, it made sense. But I gave it a lot of thought later on and to be honest, I don't think you're being honest. Whether it's with me or yourself I'm not sure, but you've been giving me excusees for almost 5 months now.
Do you remember the night we sat in your car at the New Milford Dunkin Donuts talking because you were upset that I didn't let you put your arm around me? I told you that I didn't know where we could go with this because I was leaving. You told me it didn't matter. That once I wasn't in Dumont anymore that not seeing each other everyday would give us something to look forward to. That we could look forward to seeing each other.
When I was ready to give up on us, you refused to let me. And now you're going completely against everything you told me.
I don't want this to end. There's something about you that just makes you dfferent and I love it. From when we first started talking, I didn't know what it was about you, but it made me trust you easier than I've ever trusted anyone. nd when I started to have feelings for you, I fell faster than I thought was possible. And when we actually started to become something, whatever we were, it just felt so right.
But we're not getting anywhere. And honestly, I don't think we're going to. I feel like if I keep waiting for you like this I'm just going to be wasting my time. And it's not fair to either of us to keep trying at something that's not gonna work.
You told me the other day that you can read me like a book. That got me thinking about how little we really know about each other because we don't talk the way I wish we could. When I brought this up to you last you said, "Well, there's not really much to know about me." But there's so much I'm sure I don't know about you. And there's just as much that you don't know about me. But when I try to talk to you you barely respond. I don't know what else to do.
I tried to make it work between us. I really did. And it kills me to realize that it won't. But I can't keep doing this because eventually one of us is gonna end up getting hurt.
I don't want to lose you. We were awesome friends before we were anything more and I don't want that to change. I don't want us to stop talking or hanging out and I don't want it to be awkward. I just want to be your friend. That's it. The last thing I want is for either of us to get hurt, so I'm trying to prevent it before it happens. If you don't want to be with me, stop treating me like your girlfriend. Please. I'm sorry..
Saturday, August 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Serendipity
- Serendipity:(n) unexpected luck. At first meeting, I'm not what you'd expect. I am everything that I am not; I contradict myself all the time, just never out loud. My thoughts are as confusing and impossible to figure out as the Rubik's cube you all gave up on years ago. I'm random, and I can be a bit of a spaz sometimes, but I don't care. I've got family and friends and for now, that's all I need. I'm always always always listening to music. If I can't listen to it, I've got about twelve songs stuck in my head, and I'm most likely scribbling song lyrics somewhere. Don't try to figure me out, because you never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment