Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I was trying to fly, but I couldn't find wings. Then you came along and you changed everything.

There's somethin' 'bout the way the street looks when it's just rained. There's a glow off the pavement; you walk me to the car, and you know I wanna ask you to dance right there in the middle of the parking lot. We're driving down the road; I wonder if you know I'm trying so hard not to get caught up now. But you're just so cool, run your hand through your hair, absentmindedly making me want you. And I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless. And I don't know why, but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless.
* * *
That's what you get for making fun of me all day.
"Hahaha."
Next time we should do something I'm actually not horrible at.
"Well, what would you like to do?"
I dunno. Depends when we hang out again.
"Okay, when do you wanna hang out again?"
Hm. I'll have to see when I'm not working.
"Okay. Sounds good. =)"

One day, I think you like me. The next day, I think I'm being silly. On a random day, I'm easily excited. Another, I feel hopeless. I feel like I need a flower - he loves me, he loves me not. But that wouldn't do me any good. Nothing's gonna help me read you, except Brittany. And I'm not about to ask her. Even though I'm pretty positive she's figured it out, I'm not about to tell her I like you. That's just too weird right now.
I'm thinking about asking you to go ice skating. I know how to do that. And if you don't, well, that's better for me. There's only one way I know how to help someone learn to ice skate, and it involves holding your hand. And I'm hoping, hoping, hoping that we can go sometime next week.

On Monday, you texted me, asking how school was. The fact that you care enough to ask about my day was enough to make me happy. But we haven't spoken since I told you I had to check my work schedule.
I'm all but praying that it'll be up today, so that I can ask you tonight to go ice skating.
* * *
So, baby, drive slow, till we run out of road. In this one horse town, I wanna stay right here. In this passenger seat, you put your eyes on me. In this moment now, capture it, remember it. Cause I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless. And I don't know why, but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless. Well, you stood there with me in the doorway. My hands shake; I'm not usually this way, but you pull me in and I'm a little more brave. It's a first kiss, it's flawless, really something. It's fearless.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Serendipity:(n) unexpected luck. At first meeting, I'm not what you'd expect. I am everything that I am not; I contradict myself all the time, just never out loud. My thoughts are as confusing and impossible to figure out as the Rubik's cube you all gave up on years ago. I'm random, and I can be a bit of a spaz sometimes, but I don't care. I've got family and friends and for now, that's all I need. I'm always always always listening to music. If I can't listen to it, I've got about twelve songs stuck in my head, and I'm most likely scribbling song lyrics somewhere. Don't try to figure me out, because you never will.