Hey you.
What's with suddenly appearing out of nowhere? I haven't seen you since the end of July. Well, except for that night at 7/11, but does that even really count? Last time we hung out, you were flirting with me all night. And, I won't lie, I was flirting back. And yes, I liked you.
But then Justin got his way and we stopped hanging out. But froma few different stories, you were made to sound like an asshole and I'm not sure what to think about that. I can't say that I don't believe what I was told, because I was tol the same things from 3 different people.
But honestly, that's not even a big deal to me. What matters most right now is why you picked me. Why not Sigh? But, I guess you didn't really hang out with her as much, huh?
When we left 7/11 after seing you that night, Sayuri said, "I see he still has a thing for you." No, right? That's what I said.
But I'm confused. The biggest question is why you want me to take you to prom. But there's still questions after that. Will you stay with me or ditch me to act immature with Justin? Will you go to prom weekend? Will you ditch me there? Are we gonna hang out before then so maybe we can have actual conversation?
What are you expecting?
I leave that vague, because it could honestly mean anything. What are you expecting me to say.. what are you expecting it to be like.. what are you expecting after it's all over..
Are you gonna go to prom and then disappear again, or will we keep in touch?
Really, I think I want to know how you feel about me and all that went on this summer. Do you miss it? Do you ever miss me?
God, why am I even asking htis.
You just want to be at prom.
That's all.
And it has nothing to do with me.
Just tell me that.
The first one I wrote, feeling skeptical and played. But I kept going. Because there was another vital part of my final decision.
Amanda,
You are one of my best friends. And I try so hard to keep us on good terms and to see that you're happy. Somehow, when I have a big decision like this, it always ends up hinging on how you feel. And I always try to be sure that my decisions don't hurt you. But it's hard.
You know I liked him. But do you know what a battle I had with myself? When you liked him and he started flirting with me, I told myself no. Ignore it. He doesn't like me. Not a chance. Because you were in deep over him. But you had 2 or 3 other guys you liked. And when I realized this, I wondered how that could be fair. You can have 4 guys on hold and I can't even consider one that I might have a chance with? And at the same time, I realized that even if I try, I can't stop myself from liking someone. But regardless, I felt terrible and I told no one. And when he flirted, it was so hard not to flirt back.
The night we all went out to eat, you told me that Steve was the only guy you had any feelings for. And I was happy for you. But I was happy for me, too. And on the car ride home, I was almost on top of the world.
But then I didn't get to see him anymore. And I got stepped on by the guy I replaced him with. And when all I wanted was to forget all about the summer and its events, you forced me to remember. But it was hard on me. So if you're willing to make me deal with shit just for your convenience, why should I give up this opportunity just because you had a crush?
Because it's your prom too. But, it's also my prom. How do we decide?
I asked your opinion because it means a lot to me what you think. And you're the only person who's not on my side. And I'm not sure how to weigh it.
I just wish..
I don't know what I wish.
And this helped me realize something.
I have a say in this too.
Okay, So.
Do you like this guy again? Because the way you're fretting, anybody could swear you do.
You're stomach was in knots when you thing you were gonna have a text from him.
Why are you so quick to push away the summer? You swear that you long to be who you were with him. So maybe if he's back, you can be that person again. Bet you never thought of it that way.
Stop letting everyone walk on you. Think of yourself, at least this once. This is your year. Your night. Your senior prom. You have a good opportunity here. Take it.
Don't ask him questions. Don't ask how it's gonna be. Tell him how it needs to be.
'Yes, you can come
But don't leave me.'
Just fucking do it.
So I did.
"So, do you know anything about what Justin and Brittany told me last night? I know this might seem completely random, but they confused me."
Yeah, it'll be mad fun, lol.
"Haha. I'll think about it."
Awesome! Yeah it would be fun! Plus we all know each other, so it'll be even better.
"Just promise you won't ditch me for Justin."
No, that's messed up and mean. I wouldn't do that!
"Haha, good. Okay, you win. Come to prom."
And just like that, I have a prom date.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Serendipity
- Serendipity:(n) unexpected luck. At first meeting, I'm not what you'd expect. I am everything that I am not; I contradict myself all the time, just never out loud. My thoughts are as confusing and impossible to figure out as the Rubik's cube you all gave up on years ago. I'm random, and I can be a bit of a spaz sometimes, but I don't care. I've got family and friends and for now, that's all I need. I'm always always always listening to music. If I can't listen to it, I've got about twelve songs stuck in my head, and I'm most likely scribbling song lyrics somewhere. Don't try to figure me out, because you never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment