I still remember the day that we met.
When she said, “wouldn’t it be cool if..”
I said nah, but something changed.
I hung onto every word you said;
Asked me to surrender and that’s what I did.
And I believed everything I heard you say,
and everything they told me.
I let my guard down and I let myself trust you.
And you broke my heart again and again.
And you let everything go as if it never happened.
So now you are sorry, like you are in love,
Calling me in the middle of the night,
using my best friend to find me again.
But where was your sorry when you broke it all off?
When you laughed, telling her it didn’t matter.
When you denied everything you’d said before.
I told myself never again, there ain’t no way I’m letting you in,
Because I keep remembering when you played me.
And there’s no way I was letting you get me down.
I cried me a river, I cried me a sea.
I cried me an ocean, I cried me a stream.
I’m fresh out of teardrops; you got me on E.
I’m out of emotion, got nothing in me.
I refused to let myself cry for you.
Refused to let you be that significant.
But if I would’ve, I could’ve.
And I would’ve done anything in the world for you;
I would’ve done anything that you told me to.
Like taking off of work the day before,
so I could go to your stupid race that you begged me to,
and let you ignore me the whole time.
I cried me a river, I cried me a sea,
And I ain’t got nothing left in me.
I finally stopped caring about you.
You can’t have my number, don’t wanna be friends.
I don’t care to see you now and then.
No, I don’t want to hang out with you again.
When I see them, I don’t want you to be there.
I don’t want to catch up; I don’t want to talk.
It’s not that I’m bitter, it’s just that I’m done.
I know I said I forgive you.
But that was just to shut you up.
I don’t want to hear your apology.
My heart finally said enough’s enough.
Now that I know you, I want nothing to do with you.
So now you are sorry, like you are in love,
Leaving me voicemails, “Call me back, let’s talk.”
But you weren’t sorry when you messed it all up.
When you talked as if she wasn’t going to come back and tell me everything.
I told myself never again; there ain’t no way I’m letting you in,
Because I keep remembering when you played me.
And I won’t give you the chance to do it again.
I cried me a river, I cried me a sea.
I cried me an ocean, I cried me a stream.
I’m fresh out of teardrops; you got me on E.
I’m out of emotion, got nothing in me.
I ranted and I raved.
I threw things.
And I got sick of hearing, speaking your name.
And I would’ve done anything in the world for you;
I would’ve done anything that you told me to.
Forgetting who I was for who you wanted me to be.
I cried me a river, I cried me a sea,
And I ain’t got nothing left in me.
I’m done being mad.
Now, I’m just done.
Just in case you’re not clear and you think there’s a chance,
There’s no way you’re getting near this or have me again.
Until hell has frozen over, you need to understand,
You’ll never get with me again.
Whatever your purpose in calling me,
it doesn’t matter in the least.
Any chances we had back then,
they’re all in the past.
I cried me a river, I cried me a sea.
I cried me an ocean, I cried me a stream.
I’m fresh out of teardrops; you got me on E.
I’m out of emotion, got nothing in me.
Everything I wanted to say to you,
from the last day until now,
is written down where you’ll never find it.
And I would’ve done anything in the world for you;
I would’ve done anything that you told me to.
Changing the way I was,
anything to get closer to you.
I cried me a river, I cried me a sea,
And I ain’t got nothing left in me.
And everything I wanted to say doesn’t matter now.
I don’t know if you’ll find out that when I hung up the phone,
you’ll never hear from me again.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Serendipity
- Serendipity:(n) unexpected luck. At first meeting, I'm not what you'd expect. I am everything that I am not; I contradict myself all the time, just never out loud. My thoughts are as confusing and impossible to figure out as the Rubik's cube you all gave up on years ago. I'm random, and I can be a bit of a spaz sometimes, but I don't care. I've got family and friends and for now, that's all I need. I'm always always always listening to music. If I can't listen to it, I've got about twelve songs stuck in my head, and I'm most likely scribbling song lyrics somewhere. Don't try to figure me out, because you never will.
No comments:
Post a Comment